The Lesotho Teacher Placement Programme (LTPP) is now entering its thirteenth year and is a highly-respected professional development programme for Welsh and Basotho teachers. The programme is run by Dolen Cymru and the British Council Wales through the Welsh Government's International Education Programme.
This is a six-month volunteer placement programme for fully or newly qualified teachers, who are from Wales, work in Wales or who were trained in Wales. It is also part of a 6 week volunteer programme for teachers from Lesotho (WTPP) in conjunction with the Welsh teacher placement. Read more about teachers experiences in Lesotho and Wales here. Download an application form here or keep on reading then follow the links including our FAQ's.
For its 2018 programme, Dolen Cymru is looking for three individuals to take up the posts of Teachers/teacher trainers on the programme. You will be based in Thaba Tseka, a rural town in the highlands of Lesotho, working in local Primary Schools who have been part of our education programme for 2 years. You will also deliver training to the local teacher training college and other schools in the wider District.
To be eligible to apply for this programme, you need to be:
- A qualified teacher from Wales or teaching in a school in Wales
- Or a student teacher currently training in Wales, who will be qualified by September this year
- In possession of a valid passport (passports must be valid for at least 6 months before entry)
- Able to cope with conditions very different to that in the UK
- In good physical and mental health
You will be expected to attend two training courses in Wales before flying out to Lesotho in January
- Dolen Cymru will offer in-country support through its project manager in Maseru
- Participants will be given a stipend of £640 per month, which will more than cover accommodation and food.
- Return ticket to the UK will be provided to all participants who complete the 6 month placement, as well as full insurance.
- Dolen Cymru will arrange flights, in country transport, accommodation, school placement, briefings, in country support and insurance.
Click and download the Job Description
Click and download the Application Form
(NB These documents may download directly into your downloads folder)
2018 applications are now open
Deadline 5pm Friday August 25th 2017
EMAIL your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our Education Officer on 02920 497390 for more information or read our FAQ's